Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

T7208 wants to be a T7316E

Status
Not open for further replies.

rrmass

Technical User
Aug 14, 2014
CA
I have an T7208 on a BCM50 that every few months shows as a T7316E in element manager. When it does this it screws up the button programming.

By going through multiple contortions of disconnecting the set and doing a set copy from a similar T7208 I can get it recognized properly again only to revert back within a month or two.

I have changed the set and the problem continues. Any suggestions?

That was going to be my next step. In the interim the customer placed a 7316 on that port. If it always wants to be a 7316 let it be a 7316.
We're monitoring it to see what happens.

is it possible that there was a T7316E on that port during installation possibly for programming purposes and a backup was never done which could cause it to revert during a power outage?

The system was installed last summer with a brand new disk image and there was never a 73126 on that port previously.
Backups were done.

Is it the same phone doing it? Swap it with another extension.

As mentioned in initial post, that's been done already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back