Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

T3 issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

cndcadams

IS-IT--Management
Feb 11, 2004
US
I have a drive showing up disabled in a raid 5 configue, The hot spare took over fine. I have tried replaceing the disabled drive a couple times. The drive starts to rebuild but then fails to disabled status after an hour or so. I have tried power cycling the T3 but still the drive is disabled. Does anybody know if there is another way to bring the disabled drive back online and have the the original hot spare return to hot spare status. At this point I am at a loss. The last option I can come up with is to remove the volume and rebuild.

Urgent help needed.

Thanks

CA

All I can suggest is running "iostat -En" to check for actual disk errors - I assume /var/adm/m* says nothing. How does "metastat" display the disabled drive? What does "format" say about the stae of the disk - is it still labeled and / or is disk type displayed i.e. <SUN36Gb>?

marrow;

Thanks for the response. This volume is running with Veritas. My problem is that fru stat on the T3 shows the drive as disabled. I tried vol recon u1d8(drive that failed) it starts reconstruction but fails part way through. Since this is part of a T3 it only shows path to the T3 not individual drives under format. You administer the T3 from it's own OS/PSOS.

Trying to find any related docs to this issue.
Thanks

CA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back