Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

T208 restarts every night at specific time

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenden

IS-IT--Management
Nov 13, 2012
DK
We have encountered a strange problem where T208 phones repeat link up/down every night at specific time between 1:30 and 1:40.
1:30 is configured as autobackup time, but it should be every week (7 days interval).

The phones which restated last night are different from those which restarted two days ago.
I have only log file for two days, so I'm not sure if it's just a coincidence or not.

T208s are powered by PoE and IP addresses are assigned statically.

It looks like every phone connects PBX at 1:30 in turns for some reasons and performs restarting.
Is it normal operation? Is it possible to avoid phone restart because we are running 24 hours call center?

System: IPx Office GC Version: 2. 0 FPGA Version: 38 Software Version: 16.03.01
Phone: T208 S/W ver.4.73, H/W ver. R_16M.

Btw, after completing PBX backup, does phone always restarts? It's strange, isn't it?

Thank you in advance.

The system auto backup should not be resetting the system and/or phones. I would look at the ip settings in the main menu.....not on the phones....go into ip and then keysets. By the way, there is very limited reasons to do a system backup everynight. It is not "saving" your acd statistics...it only saves the basic memory.

Hello,

I do not know if you have had any luck with this issue but I had something similar some time ago with T208M phones that had a firmware version earlier than V4.60. The phones were not restarting they were locking up and had to be power cycled to get them running, this happened across different phones each night.

The issue started just after a system software upgrade from 15.67 to 15.85 so both I and the customer thought it was caused by the upgrade, what the customer did not tell me was they had installed "Lansweeper" on their network just after the upgrade, this along with the ealier versions of firmware caused this problem:- "bug#10184, Phone freeze after trials to RLOGIN into it".

The reason why different phones were affected each night was that it was a large site and "Lansweeper" was doing a different subnet each night, this fault totally through me for some time.

Hope this is of some assistance.

Stuart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back