Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

T10000 drive not cleaning

Status
Not open for further replies.

mletendre

Technical User
Dec 30, 2008
US
I am trying to clean a T10000A drive, To better view this I kept the top cover off and loaded data tapes and they wind around the hub fine, I ejected it and tried loading a cleaning tape, well it did not wind. The VOP program showed CLEANING but there was no movement of the tape at all. I tried this with 3 different cleaning tapes and all did the same thing. I tried a data tape again and that loaded fine. anyone know why it will not load a cleaning tape properly?

Most of the STK cleaning sequences on the drives 9840 and up, will look like they are cleaning on the OP panel, but they will NOT clean unless the cleaning light is on. I'm sure the threashold is set in the firmware. The cleaning tape is very abrasive and they don't want pre-mature head wear.

Andy

well I am looking at the virtual Operator panel and it says CLEAN, we put a tape in and it will say "Cleaning" on the VOP, but the tape never gets pulled out...

Hmmmm, interesting. I wonder if there is something in the configuration that needs to be set to make it clean? Is this a library drive?

Andy

It was for a L700, we are using it as a stand alone for testing now though...

anyone know of a fix or where we can send it to get looked at?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back