Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

t10000 0xa737 error while Rebuild MIR

Status
Not open for further replies.

mletendre

Technical User
Dec 30, 2008
US
as the title states had a customer who had some problems with tapes they got from SUN in their SL3000 library with T10k drives.

I concluded that the error was to do with the MIR and asked them to send some problem tapes to us. Upon loading the tape in the drive and firing up VOP I noticed the Volser shown was an odd combination of 0 and o with accent marks on it. I put the drive off line and tried issuing a Rebuild MIR command and after a long time it failed with error code 0Xa737. any idea what that may mean?

From the end user:

Software is HSC 6.1
Hardware is SL3k with T10ka drives
Software is issuing the error messages.
Ex:
.SLS6761I MVC M30312 contains an invalid MIR - processing may be delayed

Drain the mvc with an eject, drain again without the eject to reset the error flag.
MVC will show up with an invalid MIR the next time the mvc is used.
For the ones with the lost flag, same thing. Drain to reset the flag, next time the mvc is used, lost flag is set.

I have others with the same issues. Seems to me, that once an mvc gets an error, I can clear the error, however it will reset the error flag
once the mvc is used again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back