Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

T1 to a Centrex PRI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 14, 2002
US
Hi all!

Another question for all of you! Has anyone worked much with a Centrex PRI in Comm Manager 2.0? Any advice? I have not yet worked with a Centrex PRI, as a matter of fact I cannot even find an explanation of the difference between an ISDN PRI and a Centrex PRI. If anyone knows the difference, I am all ears!!

Again, any help is great appreciated..

Thanks!

Carole

To me, a Centrex is used for persons without a PBX. It has all the features of call forwarding, conferancing, voice mail provided by the Central Office Switch. So I don't know why u would use one if u already have a PBX.

Da-vi'do

P.S. A message to all,if you want to get the best response to a question, please read FAQ222-2244 first. Also give the type & version of your voice mail & pbx system & preview your post to make sure it is complete & understandable. Be aware that if u don't answer a question, I usually will not continue to help u.

Long time ago, I have worked with CENTREX connected to G2/G3. It is basically the same. There is really no difference between and ISDN PRI to the PSTN and one to the Centrex PRI .. cause at layer 1 and layer 2 its the same.

Most likeley you will be going with NI-2 and all that stuff. At the DS1 level, i.e when you add the DS1 board you will have to work out the PBX vs NETWORK option. This is where you need to understand what is expected for the CENTREX ... if i remember back then, CENTREX looks at us like a NETWORK, i think.

Really, what you need to be careful is the dial plan .. you will need to make sure that page 3 of the trunk group form knows how to accept (incoming) a call from the CENTREX (private numbering plan or e.164) and do the necessary deletion and insertion to fit into your dial plan. For outgoing, its done with a combination of UDP/AAR or ARS, but its all in the route pattern, under the insert digit field for each preference. Remember, its all really rounting, once you get past layer 1 and 2.

So, without knowing some specifics, its hard to get into the specifice.

Thanks orypecos and wleong!

Wleong, thanks for your advice! I was afraid that there was a lot more to this PRI than I had been told... ;)

I am gathering info and will post again when I find out more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back