Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

T1 DSU/CSU keep going down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poloboy

Technical User
Aug 26, 2002
US
HI Everyone,
I'm connecting point-to-point from branch location to Main office. I have made the connection successful but the T1 DSU/CSU card on branch location keep changing state to down in almost every 10min. What I have been doing is unplug the cable and plug it back then it came back on. I"m using Cisco 1720 with IOS v12.1. Please help!

Thankyou!

I would talk with the loop provider and have them run diagnostics on the line. If that checks out, then repalce the cables from the router to the demarkation point (DMARK). If that doesn't fic it, then you might have a bad CSU/DSU, your protocols might be mismatched also. Do a show interface and paste it in here.

It is what it is!!

Turn on timing on one side of the circuit. (you can set one as internal and one as line as well)

"service-module t1 clock source internal"

This may help your issue.

Pc2Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back