Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

T1 Digital Trunk Cartridge NT7B74GA Error Light 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gwilkers

MIS
Aug 1, 2002
US
Can anyone tell me what the top error light means when lit orange on this Norstar Digital Card?

I have a T1 that goes between this system and a Meridian with a line side t1 card in it. There is also an error on the Meridian system card.

The T1 going between the two has been checked by the phone company twice and reported ok. I've reset the card in the Meridian and the light stays on.

I've powered down the Norstar and the light on the Digital Card comes back on.

What can I do to find out about this light??

Thanks,
Gabe

Can you access lines off the T-1? Here's what the book says: Yellow Led - indicates a problem with the digital transmission being received, the half-duplex link is unusable. possible causes ohmic connection water ingress or too long a loop.

Red Led inability to transmit, ais is being transmitted to the terminating switch.

You may need to check the cable from the smart jack to the dti card and make sure your pin outs are right, you also need to have the carrier run a test on the circuit while its up, they are quick to take it down then run the test but of course there will be no errors that way theres no traffic on it, Also have the carrier to make sure through-fed repeater are used on the T-1 span the DTI does not provide the DC connection required. If all your programming and connections are right - its most likely a carrier issue.

Good Luck
Norstargirl
M.Parnell
(norstargirl)

Thanks for the help norstargirl. It turned out, as I and probably you suspected, to be a LEC problem. They finally did thorough enough testing to determine that they could loop from Z->SLIC, and from A->SLIC, but not A->Z. It's fixed now, it never was a problem with the cards, but I appreciate the help in eliminating them as a possiblity.

Cheers,
Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back