Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

T1 configuration on ARN

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwadel

Technical User
Apr 1, 2002
CA
I have an ARN in one of my offices that is being upgraded to a T1 connection. I have already installed the necessary DSU/CSU module but need the basic configuration settings to input using Site Manager. I am familiar only with standard ethernet configs on both this and the ASN that is in one of my other offices. Can someone provide me with the necessary steps. This is not a dedicated line between offices but rather a standard connection to my ISP.

Hello dwadel, what kind of T1 is it ? Here in Germany we have no T1 lines, but E1 lines, differented as leased lines or dial up lines. If you have a dial up line with a pool of channels i.e. 30 x 64 Kbit (or 56 Kbit)you have to configure (and studie the configuration guides)dial services. If you have a leased line you have to configure thinks like clocking source, bofl a.s.o. Heres a useful link where you can obtain any configuration guides. (It should be make no difference that the guides are for 14.20 BayRS) Its to comprehensive to explain you anything you need to know here. If you need furher help, be free to ask again.

Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back