Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

T1 24 channel TIe ckt question between CS1K and SL-100

Status
Not open for further replies.

motox2

Programmer
Jun 21, 2007
GY
Hello all,
I have a CS1000 that has a 24 channel T1 ckt w/o DCH, linked to my vendors SL-100. Up until a few days ago, everything worked fine. Recently i was notified that calles are not processing across the T1, but the T1 is completely up on the CS1K side. When i place an outbound call across the T1, i hit a RAN on the Sl-100 that "Your call cannot be completed as dialed, bla, vla, bla". Since i have no DCH i cannot monitor it to see the outpulsed digits, but after doing a call trace in LD80, i can see my "Dialed DN" is exactly what its supposed to be. The folks on the SL-100 are unable to reach my CS1K. So im kind of at a loss of what else to check whether or not this is my CS1K problem, or the SL-100 problem. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thank you

Easy stuff, put a T-Berd on on it right out of the CS1000 and make a test call back and forth. I think the DMS is the problem. However, they have trace tools on that end also.

Hey thanks for the reply. i believe the DMS is also the issue. I have done everything i can imagine to recitfy this on the CS1K side.... swapped UDT card, moved the CKT to a different shelf, everything is same result. The T1 hooks up between sites with no problem, but calls are getting lost in translation some how and not going thru. I checked all my VGW, DTR, etc. everything is up. So i guess a T-Berd is the best solution at this point. Thanks again

Problem resolved, for some reason DSEL on my Route was set VOD, when it should of been set to VCE. Once the change was made the calls processed normally. I set DSEL back to VOD just to confirm this was the issue and sure enough the calls failed every time. Not quite sure why the DSEL on the T1 route needed to be VCE, but it works. Phew, after a day and a half, thank god thats over.

Interesting that it worked fine and then it quit and you had to change the DSEL prompt. VCE is Voice only VOD is Voice or Data.

Yeah i dont understand it either. I stumbled on a tech web site that mentioned never to use VOD on a T1 route, so i figured i would give it a shot and change to VCE, sure enough that was the fix. I would of never thought the DSEL entry VOD or VCE on the route would of been the problem, but my CS1K would not pass calls across to the DMS otherwise. Lesson learned the hard way, again. :)

I've had to change DSEL when I changed carriers one time but never had to change it on a circuit that was up and working. Maybe someone did some maintenance on the SL100 and that caused the issue. Who knows at least now it's something I'll look at when a T1 is not working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back