Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

T/EC problem, Event server keeps shutting down 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 18, 2001
NL
Hi,

I'm having a very irritating problem. When I try to start the TEC event server (which didn't automatically start after a reboot). I get the following errors in the UI_SERVER log and not just these but more like hundreds of them.

Jul 17 15:21:43.730000 ui_server[1040] ERR TecServerProxy.C:834: Exception caught in connectToServer()
Jul 17 15:21:43.746000 ui_server[1040] ERR TecServerProxy.C:835: ECO:0001:0059
The Tivoli Enterprise Console Server is not currently running.

Has somebody seen these problems ? and ofcourse know the solution ???????

Dennis

Has the IP Address to your TEC Server changed lately??

Just a thought...

Dave

No the e-mail address hasn't changed but we've traced the problem back to some events that are coming out of TSM

Dennis

Hi,

Well on my system, (setup by Andersen Consulting unfortunately, it's crap, honestly :) if the TEC wont start it's usually because the TMR has hung. So I have to reboot the TMR first, then restart the TEC, (the gateways don't seem to care :)

I do know that on Solaris, (TME 10, Framework 3.7) the TEC has a memory leak that requires it to be restarted every two weeks or so, (every week if something goes nuts and starts spewing messages) phone Tivoli and they tell you to upgrade, to a system with no memory leak but a lot more bugs...

So we're sticking with what we know and restarting the TEC from the TME desktop every two weeks or so, as it took Anderson two years to implement (allegedly :)

later
jb

(praxis22@hotmail.com)

If you bounce your TMR you BETTER wsync gateways or you will run into problems down the road.

Peace,

Dave

We've seem to have found the problem. It has something to do with wrong events coming from the TSM server.

The whole TMR region isn't that stable. So we took the decision to implement the whole region again.

Dennis

Hi,

Having just had this happen to us, a more detailed idea of what a "wrong event" is would be usefull :)

cheers for the wsync tip though Dave :)

later
jb

I have a similar problem: on win2k. We installed a TMR 3.7.1, TEC 3.7, DB2 6.2 on a single Win2K machine. It gets messages only from Netview. Each time I close the tec_console the oserv reports a problem and crashes.
Any idea ?

omerkd

do you have patches 7e & 8e for dm installed, we had the same problem and was fixed by these "E" fixes

Good Luck

Hi all.
Did double check on my problem and found out that we used the TME 3.7b and not 3.7.1. we updated it to 3.7.1 and the bug was fixed.

Thank you all

Omer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back