Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SYZYGY?

Status
Not open for further replies.

marquitico

Technical User
Aug 11, 2004
US
This may not be a Win98-specific issue, but because I don't actually know what it is, I'll start here because I'm running a Win98 system.

Does anyone know what SYZYGY means as it relates to computing?

I recently acquired some software that I am exploring for DVD ripping: NeroVision Express SE, and DVD Shrink. If I create a miniDVD (using the Nero) and save it onto my harddrive, my DVD players cannot open it. I receive a popup alert saying that the disc could not be played because SYZYGY could not be found. If I force the player to go into the miniDVD's files, it plays the vob files just fine.

If I do a search on the harddrive, I receive no results. If, however, I right-click on an unregistered file type and choose "Open with...", the list of applications that I am given contains SYZYGY.

Anyone know what this critter is?

Mark ("marquitico")

Do a "Google" search for SYZYGY. It seems to have some connection to a video type program. It may be part of "DVD Shrink".

i dunno but this may help. peace! [peace]

kilroy [trooper]
philippines

"Illegitimis non carborundum!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back