Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Systems Greetings and Prompts question

Status
Not open for further replies.

pleskuk

IS-IT--Management
Mar 3, 2008
GB
Hi all,

I'm wondering if there is any way to upload an audio file for the purpose of Auto Attendant settings? ex. I have a professional announcer audio file which includes Systems Greetings and Prompts and I like to set as a greeting which all the callers should hear. From my experience till now, only way to record the Systems greetings and prompts is from the System Attendant station only.

Regarding the automatic greetings I have installes VMIBE card, setup DISA lines, configured CCR, but I'm unable to achieve the above request.

Please advise,
Thanks in advance, Ivo

I have tried this with a cable simulating the handset of the attendant telephone's handset.
Then you "upload" your vaw files through e.g. Windows Media Player.
The cable has an RJ11 in the one end and a 3.5 or 2.5 mm mini jack connector in the other end.
Only the loudspeaker lines are to be activated.
Use the normal procedure for the attendant recording procedure, and you get a excellent recording quality.
Also back-ground music can be recorded in system message 071. One minute og BGM (back ground music) is to be recorded. this music will be looped.
///doktor

Hi Pleskuk,

To record the VMIB greeting from an audio player.
Step 1. You connect the audio out port from your audio player to external MOH port from MPB. Then played your selected music.

Step 2. Going to attendant and do as following order
- Press [Trans/PGM] 0 6 and select your VMIB message to record (001~100)(ex; 001)
- Press * during heard the existing message.
- You'll heard the sound from your audio player.
- Press # to record.
- Press Hold/Save to save.
With above method you can get the clearly record.

Cheers,

Thnx for the great info. I really appreciate it. I will try the steps you both suggested, and let you know of the outcome.

Cheers,
Ivo

With my suggestion, you use the "Step 2" - procedure of "ohtapa"'s description to record your system messages.

Background music - well recorded - will give you many happy costumers. And you save the CD-player that was used in the ealier days.
So the costumer can save that investment!
///doktor

Wow thanks guys, this really help me with a big headache considering voice prompts.

Thanks again,
Cheers
Ivo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back