Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SystemImager on Fedora 22

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpr4236

Technical User
Nov 4, 2015
US
Hi,

Could some SME on Fedora and SystemImager point me in the right direction for this issue regarding "unsupported kernel"?

I am tasked to use SystemImager to clone Fedora 22 x86_64 clients running on 64 bit. The image server is also running Fedora 22 x86_64.

I downloaded and installed SystemImager using wget and install commands as instructed on page 9 in chapter 2 of the manual SystemImager v4.1.6 Manual.

Then on the Golden Client I ran the command si_prepareclient --server <server_name>

as instructed on page 12 of the manual.

The execution errors out with this:

ERROR: unsupported kernel 4.0.4-301.fc22.x86_64!

I searched for the string "unsupported kernel" in the script /usr/sbin/si_prepareclient but could not find it. Searches on google for this error on Fedora 64 bit platform could not find an answer either.

systemimager-common-4.0.2.1.noarch
systemimager-x86_64initrd_template-4.0.2.1.noarch
systemimager-client-4.0.2.1.noarch

kernel-core-4.0.4-301.fc22.x86_64
kernel-4.0.4-301.fc22.x86_64

Thank you for your input.

Systemimager was too old version. It cant install on Fedora 22 with kernel 4.04.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back