Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

System32 files causing problems with RIS image

Status
Not open for further replies.

FredNoB

IS-IT--Management
Sep 30, 2002
GB
I have created an XP Pro image with packages and amendments. The source image machine runs OK but problems arise when I use the image on another machine with the exact same spec. RIS recognises and runs the image on the PC ok but when it is finished and restarts the pc it displays an error 'system32\drivers\isapnp.sys file missing or corrupt'. Other times it will display an error 'system32\drivers\pci.sys file missing or corrupt'. The error message only changes when I re-image the PC and only seems to alternate between these two files. The PC will not start in safe mode but from the recovery console I can see that the pci.sys and isapnp.sys files are in the system32\drivers folder ok and seem to be the correct size.
The base image with XP Pro and SP2 works fine but once I create an new image from the source PC and try to run it on another the problem occurs. I have also tried using another PC as the source for the image. I have tried copying the system32\drivers folder from the base image to the new image and also rebuilt the image several times with various amendments but to no avail. I am now at the stage where possible solutions are drying up. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I need the image working properly because I have so many PCs to do that a manual approach is not an option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back