Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

System wont recognise USB mouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

chesterthebear

Programmer
Jan 1, 2007
AU
Hi All,
I have a shuttle running xpsp3.
I've been using a logitech wireless ex-110 keyboard/mouse combo, plugged into the ps2 ports. Sadly, that equipment is wearing out and needs replacement. I've bought an akimoto usb keyboard and mouse combo (wireless) and am trying to install.
I can get the system to recognise the keyboard just fine, but it will not recognise the mouse. this isn't the first time i've encountered this problem. A couple of months ago, the mouse ran out of battery, and i tried to temporarily replace it with a wired usb mouse. same problem. The mouse was getting power, but somehow, the system just wouldn't recognise it.
Any suggestions?
(Note... i'm reluctant to uninstall the logitech driver until i get the new mouse working for fear that i will kill the only mouse i've got).
Thanks
CTB

resolved.
sorry... the problem was in the mouse. a good old fashioned shake fixed it.
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back