Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

System wide speed dial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peva

Technical User
Jun 19, 2001
GB
Hi,

I have looked through my manuals and cannot work out how to create a system wide speed dial.

Users are requesting to have a 4 digit number that they simply dial and this is translated into an external number.

How do I do this ?

Thanks in advance
Peva

Peva
there are 2 types of speed call lists...system and personal
for a system list
LD18
req=new
type=ssc ( system speed call)
lsno x ( give this a number eg. 20) lsno= list number
dnsz=16 (this is set to the max number of digits that can be stored)
size=x (this is max number of DN's in the list)
wrt=<cr>
stor 0= 9xxxxxxxxxx ( this defines the first number)
wrt=<cr>
stor 1= 9 xxxxxxxxx ( this defines the second number)
and so on until you reach the value of size
req+end
to print the numbers assigned to list 20
LD20
req=prt
type=scl
lsno=20
size=<cr>
to allocate feature to a digital set
ld 11
req=chg
type=2616
TN= tn of set
echg=yes
item key x scu 20
<cr> back to req
req=end

try that

Colin

Cheers Colin,

This seems a bit of a nightmare for me because I have 120 + sets that I would have to program a key on with scu.

If there isn't an easier I'll just set up an analogue set with call forward always to the external number.

Peva

ok. you could create a new ACD or phantom and forward that.. Colin

You could create a Flexable Feature Code - SSPU. you may need to still put the system speed dial number oneach phone - SSU prompt

Are you asking for one 4 diget number that any one can dial and it will always dial the same external number? or do you want say a list of (100) 4 digit numbers that dial a different number for each number in the list?

All, Thenks for the replies.

Acewarlock, I am look for exactly that. All users dial a four digit number and it always dials the same external number.

Peva

Peva
set up a phantom then set dcfw to the number you want use &quot;if it don't ring, it ain't my thing&quot;

If your short on TN's, creat a ACD Queue using the number that you want to use and NCFW to the external number you want to call. make sure to put 91xxx-xxx-xxxx or 9xxx-xxxx
depending on if its LD or local.

If your short on TN's, create a ACD Queue using the number that you want to use and NCFW to the external number you want to call. make sure to put 91xxx-xxx-xxxx or 9xxx-xxxx
depending on if its LD or local.

Cheers Acewarlock,

Will try that at the weekend and let you know how it went.

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back