Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

System wide message waiting light issues - why has Mitel not addressed this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 22, 2021
CA
HI,

I work on a very large Mitel system.

It absolutely amazes me/boggles my mind, that If I delete a mailbox with a message in it! It will corrupt the system and everyone's message waiting lights will not turn off or not go on etc. This seems incredible to me to do such a simple thing with such a large implication.

I have to run a command/script to correct.

am I missing something?

I find it incredible that Mitel has not figured out a way to figure this out! Put a patch in or something?

thanks in advance for the feedback. Interested to hear the responses.

Regards,

that doesnt sound correct although to be honest i didnt think you could remove an active message wait key
What is the software version and which voicemail ( assuming its a MIVB)

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

I am thinking it might be nupoint and a message queue issue

Hi Billz66 - yes, this is correct. Also to mention, its not about removing a message wait "key" it's the message waiting lights. Software is latest and greatest. Our Mitel team is always on it. Yes MIVB and Nupoint.

Hi jpruder - yes I think you are correct, its a nupoint and message queue issue... but, man oh man! I can't believe that Mitel has not figured this out???? According to other tech's this has always been an issue. Really???!!!! WOW!

I can see the frustration screaming at the top of your lungs at this limitation... though I've not experienced this as an issue.

I have deleted mailboxes - both NuPoint and EVM - usually to reset the mailbox to a new user assigned to that extension. Doing so has cleared the flashing light on the primary phone and any MWI buttons that are out there.

I'm not sure of this script you mention, but if you've gotten the script from Mitel, I would think that they have in fact found this problem and documented it.. hence the script.

I've worked with Mitel products since 1997, and I feel your pain in regard to some things. We maintain our customers to the best of our ability and even so, we seem to find that one glitch that nobody has ever found before.

Thank you AH64Armament.

Was also wondering if, in Micollab, under the "Nupoint Unified Message" button, there is another button that says "Un-Assign Mailbox". Never have used it, nor do I know what it would be used for, but, wondering if I pressed that, and/or, changed "Mitai" messaging to "none" in the mailbox, then delete the mailbox (even if it had a message in it), if it would accomplish (not screw up system wide message waiting lights) this?

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back