Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

System volume

Status
Not open for further replies.

proguru

Programmer
Mar 31, 2001
PY
Hi all
I want to set the system volume to the minimum level (silence) how this can be done in VB?

Thanks in advance

Yea I used that but the settings for individual channels was not as per specification. The overall one was predictable. I never found how to set the record levels individually. I think the outputs' mute is easy. I ended-up loading Windows Volume control

fred = Shell("C:\Windows\whatever.exe")

setting it's display to guarrantee the wanted control was in pos N1, tabbing around hitting the record volume often enough to max, and exiting then into the SB recorder and doing a few more things with

SendKeys

Why so complicated? - well that took a day to sort. The API took a week and no-one could be found who knew how to set record volumes. Only sending keys to two apps (to get all the right combinations) could cut it. It can be iffy if you are happytapping at the time though I do give a 90 second audible warning.

And all this can be done manually first. then just incorporated into a sequence of SendKeys. Clunky but effective. Only I have to see it work so it is relatively safe. Though I reserve the right to keep tapping at the wrong time which re-assigns the focus and send the keys to the app I am in or sends my taps to Volume /Recorder.

Oh and single stepping in the debugger is a no-no with SendKeys - it sends them to the debugger because it has "Focus"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back