Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

System Unlicenced 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcc1000

Vendor
Aug 26, 2013
US
Hello All,
Been awhile since had to setup a basic/Partner system. Have this new system in my office to preprogram.
Anyways I have gone through numerous SD cards reformatting & recreating to different releases & defaulted the control unit many times.
Everything is new, control unit & 1 Combo card.
Have a 9508 phone plugged in & every time when it comes up it says System Unlicenced.
System Status when I can get in would have an alarm saying no software upgrade licenses present.
Sometimes if I can't get in System Status says Telephony service has been suspended until valid software license is installed.
Tried releases 11.0 & 9.1 wasn't sure if the 11.0 works in Partner mode, but any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Hi, Its Bill from TQ.

It sounds like your KSU may not new.

Try going lower in your releases like 6.0 or 6.1 to see if it comes up OK then.

Hi Bill hope all is good!
You are correct even though it's a new control unit it looks like it's locked in at 9.0
Found out by when I had my 9.1 SD card in & went to Advance-Upgrade in Manager, seen that it's licensed at 9.0
Thanks for the tip & have a good weekend

OK

Glad that my info was a little helpful.

if it is firmware locked then it has been previously used
if you were old this as new then you need to be having a serious conversation with your supplier

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

ACSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back