Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

System State Components

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fruiteri

Technical User
Apr 6, 2003
SG
Hi,
Recently I found out that the backups of the system state differ day to day.
On some days, it backup Active Directory, Registry, Sysvol, COM+ components and system files. On other days, it backup all except COM+ components. Sometimes it backup only sysvol, registry and system files. The system to be backup is a domain controller. The job monitor indicates the jobs as successful with no errors. I've checked the selection and found that all are the same (checked System state with Normal backup). I was wondering why the system state didn't include the Active Directory backup for the domain controller and why it skipped the COM+ component services. Can anyone please enlighten? Thanks.

i would almost say get out of veritas and try to schedule a backup for a little earlier before that one starts with windows backup and see if you can back it up correctly nightly with windowes backup, then you could use veritas to just backup the system state file...it would just make a bit harder to restore

if that dont work.....i dont know man

BWilson77080
MCSA+MCP, A+
Wilson IT Consulting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back