Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

System Standby disappeared when AGP Texture Acceleration enabled

Status
Not open for further replies.

natrap

Technical User
Apr 12, 2003
AU
OK first off i'm new here. I had the same problem as everyone else. AGP Texture Acceleration was listed as not available. I followed RAJLEPAPA's instructions from July 6, 2002 and then accordingly it was listed as enabled. This is when I noticed the problem. When I go to Shut Down the Standby option is greyed out (disabled). When I go to Power Options the hibernate tab is missing and under the advanced tab all i got is always show icon on taskbar and for when i press power button there is no standby option. It's almost as if there is no standby. I am running Windows XP Pro. I have an Asus A7A266-E mboard with ALiMagik M1647 chipset and an Nvidia 64MB Geforce 2 MX200. I don't know exactly when this problem popped up. In trying to solve the AGP Texture Acceleration issue I installed the latest Nvidia Detonator drivers (43.45) and the latest ALi Integrated Driver which includes version 1.91 of the AGP Driver. I also already had the latest Asus bios revision 1011. Can someone please assist me in figuring out why system standby has been disabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back