Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

System/Session Manager Issues with Element Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

KCFLHRC

Technical User
Aug 16, 2011
US
Anyone having trouble accessing Element Manager after logging into System Manager, then going to UCM, and then going to EM? Mine intermittently wont launch. When it does I can never retrieve phones in EM and can never migrate them into Subscriber Manager. The problem seems to be getting worse. Reinstall of the Linux seems to have no affect. Patches are current on all machines. I even have a new VO EmWeb patch and it's still broke.

I am having the same issue. Our vendor has escalate to Avaya.

We have escalated to Avaya also. Is your System Manager in the ELAN or TLAN Subnet? Please keep me posted with your situation and I will do the same.

They are all sharing the same switch user name and password, even if the USER user name and password are different.

Sometimes, if move from the GUI to the CLI, I have to log out of one or the other to access. This depends on if I was doing something with lets say load 86 on CLI, and then go to the EM GUI, nothing shows up for the entries that should be there for the items I am looking at in LD 86.

Unless you create a new admin3, admin4, admin5, etc for each system (and use separate TTYs as well) this problem will never go away.

I think you misunderstand. EM manager doesn't launch at all from System Manager. Shouldn't matter who is logged in, the page should at least load. Are you familiar with System Manager? It's completely different than just launching EM from a web page. You cant go directly to EM any more if you have System Manager. You have to log into System Manager, then launch UCM and then you see all your Elements like Element Manager.

If you have to log out of one or the other to access then you don't have multi user turned on.

Avaya Design got involved yesterday and found some phantom char within the database. They corrected my issue and stated that they will be developing a patch. Here is the Case # 1-2815943312.

They had to put host entries in my Signal Server where my Element Manager resides so it knew hot to get back to System Manager. They think it may have been due to my DNS entries and the lack of my ability to get to the DNS servers from my ELAN and TLAN networks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back