Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

System Reset KX-TD1232 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

oc192trunking

Programmer
Jul 26, 2005
US
Hi,

Just a quick question on doing a system reset on the KX-TD1232.... Couldn't find it in the manuals. Will the system reset clear the line/extension assignments? I.E. which lines ring where??

This is my first Panasonic job... which was "dumped" on me, and the previous technician didn't leave any information at all. I know to gain access to the programming I'll have to reset the password, but I'm afraid it will screw the whole system up (since I don't know what goes where yet). They're running approx 25 CO lines and around 40 extensions, and since it's a 24/7 business there can't be any downtime.

The best way to describe the main problem is with an example:
Employee at x104 has CO3, CO4, and CO5 assigned.
The person at x104 is on the phone with CO3, when a call comes in to CO4 or CO5. Nobody else can do a call pickup to those lines using 4* or 40 while x104 is on the phone. All other lines and extensions work properly except this one.

Any ideas???? Thanks. I'm kinda wishing a surge would come through and zap the main board so they'll have to get a new one (preferably one I'm more familiar with :) but that would also cause downtime.

well a system reset wont fix your problem it's only a proper way to switch off and on the system it would cancle any forwards that are set

your problem is one of 2 things

1. lines 3 ,4, & 5 are set dil 1-1
2 . lines 3,4,& 5 are set to disable on all exts execpt on jack 04 = 104 in your example

but thats not the main problem in your case you you dont know the system password how to reset this cannot be discused on this board but if you want the info mail me and we will get you sorted...

peter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back