Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

System Registry Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

JennITChick

Technical User
Oct 26, 2002
US
Hello,

My Mom has a fairly old computer (6 -7 years old, IIRC), the specs of which I cannot remember right this minute (P2 something, 128MB of RAM). She said that twice in the last two weeks, it's given a "System Registry Error" when it's been booting up, then (direct quote from her email) "It then restores my system registry from some mysterious internal backup, and all is well."

Is this just a sign of age? It's running Windows 98SE, and was formatted and installed within the last year. Thanks,

-jenn

Its a sign that something is messing with teh registry, but not well enough to kill the PC. Its also a sign because a M$ product actually works (!!!:)).

Scan thoroughly for virii, and check (start|run|msconfig) for any odd or unknown applications being started in the background.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back