Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

System "forgetting" Group Pickup

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrogensIT

Technical User
Jan 12, 2005
US
For some reason our system is not allowing users to pickup another user's call by dialling "40" as usual. after a system reset it was ok for a few days then it forgot again! Also, it seems to only affect calls coming in from outside lines, intercom calls appear to be uneffected.

Thoughts?

Greg

How are you resetting the system? Pwr off/Pwr on ?
you may have some corrupt data
if you have a backup file try a system clear and download your backup data

Yes, I'm power cycling the KSU and VMS.

Unfortunately our backup is ancient so I'm afraid that's not really an option :(

I reset the system again last night and the problem persists.

Greg

I think your assessment of corrupt data was correct because three of the phones in question defaulted to ring group 1 when they were on 2. They appear to be working now.

Thanks again.

If your problem is persisting I would consider Defaulting the system and reprogramming from scratch and this time keep regular backups of your data.
If you are familiar with your system it should'nt take to long to reprogram and this way you can be sure that the data is correct for your usage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back