Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

System Platform on S8300D

Status
Not open for further replies.

beest

Technical User
Sep 10, 2002
GB
Hi everyone,

I have been upgrading S8300D LSP CM 5.2.1 to CM6.0.1. After all pre stuff system platform installed without any problem. when i try to install the CM template. i get the message ünable to communicate with CD/DVD drive".

can someone help me?

thanks

Had the same issue and it took me 3 dvd's. So I'd start with burning a new one.

Plan your work............Work your plan

[afro]

beest,

Sort of off topic, but how hard was it to upgrade from 5.2.1 to 6? What are some of the preperation things? Licensing issues? etc.

Is this really something I need to have the vendor do? I've installed LSP's before and the doc's are pretty good.

Thanks.

I don't use the DVD but just copy the ISO image, mount it, and copy the files I need. Sort of nice when you have to do things remotely. You can keep ISO images on a FTP or SCP server and rebuild just about anything as long as you have System Platform working.

beest, we've found with some older S8300D's, we have that issue, it cannot see the USB DVD drive, after you have System Platform loaded. Our solution, has been to get a replacement S8300D processor, in all cases. It seems some of the earlier S8300D's don't seem to be compatible with CM6. We use the older S8300D's as CM 5.2.1 spares, as that's all they seem capable of running.

Mitch

AVAYA Certified Expert

FYI,

There does seem to be some power issue. I've been able to get the drives to work when I connect an external power source and/or charge the batteries first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back