Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

System Partition Full ran a compress files?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdulac

MIS
Jan 5, 2002
US
When I created this server using Dell Open Manager it setup my system partition as 4 MB. Well even after moving exchange logs, information store, the printer spooler file, and page file over to another drive i was still running into sapce issues. So I decided to use the compress files option (any file that hasn't been used within 50 days). Will I run into any problems or performance issues with this option on? And how do I revert back?

Personally, reinstall it. Its maybe a weekends work rather than a continual admin headache.

I would even toy with the idea of a partion resizer again personally I feel thats just something waiting to go wrong.

In terms of compression never a great idea on a system partition.

Iain

Ghost it. you can ghost the c:\ to an image then ghost it back to the server. when you ghost it back you can make the partition bigger with ghost. very easy and ive done it many times without issue. would only take about an hour.

RoadKi11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back