Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

system not running system sd primary software

Status
Not open for further replies.

bignose21

Programmer
Jul 4, 2003
GB
I'm getting this error "system not running system sd primary software" on a ip500v2 gateway (Expansion in a Server Edition 11.1.2.0), it is remote so just too make sure I have it right in my head and don't cause an unnecessary outage.

- run Monitor and filter Memory Card Commands
- get someone to unplug and plug the SD card
- See if there are errors
- if there are, will need to dispatch someone probably best to take a new SD with them
- if not should be safe to reboot and see if the issue clears

As this is a server edition guessing there is no licenses to transfer.

Have tried just opening embedded file management and was able to upload/download/delete a file so think the SD is at least still functioning.

You could also try to reformat the SD card and reload the software on it. Just make sure if you have any local licensing IE PRI channels that you reload that as well. If that doesn't work. I would replace the SD card.

all licenses are on the WebLM hosted on the Primary Server, this has no PRI only SCN, looking at Licensing on System Status it just has a Server Edition Licence in use.

I have seen that error a few times. I don't remember a time that it took more than reseating the SD card and a reboot to fix it.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

What size card? If its one of the original 4GB cards it may be best to just get it replaced with a newer 8GB cards. Its probably just showing its age.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

It is a SanDisk SA08G 8Gb card, will see if the reseat and reboot clears it

I had a similar issue a while back. A shutdown of the card/reseat of the card/reboot didn't clear it. I figured the SD card was flaking out so I prepped a new card and shipped it to the site. The next day and before the new card arrived at the site, the system completely died. Thankfully the site had a spare control unit, so that got swapped in with the original SD card and everything was back up and running in about 20 minutes. I've seen a handful of SD cards flake out over the years, but this was the first time I can remember that the control unit was apparently to blame. I ordered a replacement control unit under IPOSS and the dead unit got shipped back for whatever happens to failed parts.

There had been a power outage at the site which led to this, luckily just popping the SD card out and back in cleared the issue in System Status.

Good to know. Thank you for posting an update. I would suggest a UPS. I was never able to make the connection to a power issue, I just know what it took to resolve the problem for me.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back