Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

system not running system sd primary software 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpectrumTech

Technical User
Jan 3, 2006
CA
I'm getting this error "system not running system sd primary software" on my IPO 8.00(44).

Any idead about this error.

IT is running from the IP500V2 flash memory.
Turn on monitor and go to filters.
Go to services and check the option memory card commands.

Remove the SD card and plug it back in.

Post the trace here.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Happens to me ALL THE TIME with older SD cards. Was a known issue within Avaya which is why they changed SD card manufacturers. As @tlpeter said usually if you just eject the card and then plug it back in the issues will go away.

Kyle Holladay / IPOfficeHelp.com
ACSS/ACIS/APSS Avaya SME Communications
APDS Avaya Data
MCP/MCTS Exchange 2007/2010
Adtran ATSA, Aruba ACMA

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason why so few engage in it." - Henry Ford

im having the same problem ,,, just done the above but nothing ????any othe suggestions.

you could try to recreate the card this has worked for me in the past , but as amriddle suggests a replacement card would be a better option as its probably a duff sd

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)

Indeed, a format and recreat does fix it but usually only temporarily, it usually happens again and again and the only permenant fix is to replace the SD card. I imagine it's a PCS 1/2 Sandisk card as they were bad for this :)

Guys what I noticed,
My system was wall mounted side ways and once I took it down and place it on a table horizontal, I stopped getting that error message.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back