Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

System Messages with no headers

Status
Not open for further replies.

CMK08

Technical User
Dec 28, 2008
US
Hello there,

I am trying to determine where a system message is coming from, but the message header field is empty. Is the message being generated locally? Using outlook 03

I get this error when I try to send a mass mailing to 2400 recipients, it looks like 5 of them were not able to receive it. I do not have any quotas set up on my mail server and I didn't find anything in the mail server logs.

Thanks

If the message header is blank then the message is most likely being generated by your mail server. What is the actual message?

Cheers.

This is the exact message:

Error Your message did not reach some or all of the intended
recipients.

Subject: Your team’s response rate

Sent: 12/17/2008 11:30 AM

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

'JSM@k.com' on 12/17/2008 11:31 AM
452 Too many recipients "

Is "k.com" an external domain? It could be that they have limitations set up on their mail server or spam filter that prevent delivery to more than a set number of recipients.

Cheers.

JSM@k.com is not a valid external email address, I agree with that, but that is not why you received the message "452 Too many recipients"
This is most likely related to a limitation on YOUR SMTP email server that is set to only allow you to send a certain number of messages at a time.
Many Email providers limit the number of recipients per message to help fight the ever growing Spam problem.

Michael Kennedy
Support Engineer
mkennedy@hostmysite.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back