Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

System Message License exceeded: to many IP addresses are in use? TZ-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

telecotek1

Vendor
Nov 13, 2007
US
I have a 10 node license. What happens to the 11th user? Are they blocked from sending LAN/WAN traffic? How can I get around this? Was thinking that I would enter some IP’s to the Node License Exclusion list but Help says that IP’s on the Exclusion list will not be able to access the WAN interface. That works for some printers and things that don’t need to access the internet but that could become an administrative nightmare if a device on the exclusion list needs to download firmware or something.

You have answered your own question. If you are licensed for 10 nodes, and the 11th node tries to access the Internet, it will go no where.

You don't get around this, it's coded into the appliance to only allow 10 different addresses out through the WAN interface. To do more, you will have to purchase more licenses or another appliance that's capable of more than 10 licenses from the start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back