Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

System Manager Geo Redundancy

Status
Not open for further replies.

wallot

Vendor
Jul 15, 2009
US
Hi folks

I am missing something.

When needing to update my geo redundant SMGRs, I can stop and convert the primary SMGR to a stand alone. Instructions are in the book for this.

What I cannot locate is, how to stop / remove the geo redundancy configuration in the secondary SMGR.

If I try to activate the secondary. I get a notice that the secondary is still connected to the primary, even though the primary does not show it, and confirm that I want to activate the secondary.

I am assuming that I need to deactivate any geo redundancy on both SMGRs prior to updating them.

Thank you in advance :)

There's two menu items on the left - GR and GR Health and it's not intuitive that clicking the higher level one opens up some options. Maybe click around a bit?

Thanks kyle555

Yeah, the only option is to "Activate Secondary Server". If that is done, then the only option is to "Deactivate Secondary Server".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back