Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

System Manager box 99 not working on Avaya Parter VM PC card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 7, 2010
US
I am working on an Avaya Parter with the Avaya Partner voice messaging PC card, the system has the ACS Proc. R3.0, and the old office mgr I think deleted 99 from the vm system. When I go in to access it, Intercom 777, 99# it tells me log in is incorrect. And I need to get in to reset some passwords I have gone in using 0# and do password reset and still did not reset also initialized the mailbox and it did nothing. Can anyone help? I am stumped .

First, on a PC Card mail, it is 0#, not 99#

Now the system can be configured for a specific number of mailboxes. And then those mailboxes are assigned to extension numbers. So when you want to reset a mailbox password, you need to enter the mailbox number, not the extension number.

Log into 0#, press 2 to find out how many boxes you are configured for. Do NOT change the configuration, but back out.

By default, Now use option 1, assign an extension to a mailbox to find out which mailbox is assigned to which extension.

By default, mailbox 01 is assigned to extension 10. Mailbox 02 is assigned to extension 11. Mailbox 03 is assigned to extension 12, etc.

Yo, touch tone tommy is 100% accurate. Mailbox 99 doesn't exist on the PC Card voicemail small(4 mailboxes) OR large (12 mailboxes)0 is the mailbox and default avaya passwords are the same. I got my hand slapped the last time I posted password info so I can't do that for you. Good luck... e-mail me if you need help bro.... jrt@gsolutionz.com

Thank you very much for your help I was able to get in and take care of what was needed by using the 0 and correct password.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back