Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

System Locks up - Stop and Start Services

Status
Not open for further replies.

saw15

Technical User
Jan 24, 2001
US
Good day ..

Running Seagate Info 7.2 on NT4.0. We are using a dedicated box for the APS and 3 production servers. APS DB is an Oracle 8.0.6 db.

Almost everyday, users are not able to connect to the APS around Noon. Gives them the Connecting.. Please wait dialog box but never actually connects.

To resolve the issue, I stop and restart the Info services (APS, Sent and Agent) on each box. While this does fix the problem, it does not resolve the daily issue. As daily maintenance, we do reboot the boxes each day at 0400cst.

Any tips, tricks or possible long term resolutions to this issue would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance..

Hi,

In my enviroment when I run Info as a service I have nothing but problems. When I run it as a "process" evrything works fine. (??? Don't ask me why ????).
Figure it's worth a shot...

Nuffsaid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back