Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

system keyword: database name

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
there are some system keywords:
rowid, user, sysdate, etc

¿does anybody know how to know the database name in a query?

example:type "show connect" okay but that is not a query. i want it in a query and take database's name

thx a lot,

What are you using to do this query that you do not know the database name already, just curious? I am running an intense query right now and can check later.

I am using, with the SQL Base 6.1.2, the SQLTalk browser.
It is like the sqlplus from oracle.
I know the database wich I am connected but i want to know it for future procedures in programs: specially to know if I am connected to the development database or to the real database when runs the querys automatically.

Thank you.

CHECK THIS OUT:

SET SERVER SERVER1;
USE 1;
BACKUP SNAPSHOT TO R:\BKPBASES\LAGO512 ON CLIENT;
DISCONNECT LAGO512;

BYE.

Thank you very much but that is not enough...

I try to tell.
I work with a development language -SQR- and it can only execute selection sentences to de database.
And to work with de selection results.

Maybe this example should help to know the response about my necessity: this is the query for ORACLE:
select GLOBAL_NAME
from GLOBAL_NAME;

It works ok if I am programming SQR againt an ORACLE database. But that query does not exist for SQLBase.

Can anybody know the query?

Thank you again a lot to everybody,

Xo((o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back