Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

System Key(ALAW) in North America

Status
Not open for further replies.

tap364

Vendor
Mar 29, 2012
US
Anyone know the consequences of running a Basic mode Key(ALAW) system in NA?
For some reason the system originally came up with UK English selected. Changed to US English, but noticed it said System Key(ALAW) on the status screen.

Getting some intermittant embedded VM issues of not being able to leave messages ("Thank you for leaving your message" right after the beep) and wondering if this could be a cause and if a recreate card is in order.

This is a remote customer and am a little wary of doing this without being onsite and pulling the card first.
Of course never seem to have these issues with customers in town.

Anyone have success performing these functions remotely?

Thanks all.

ALAW has to do with SIP.

It sounds like the system is in the Intuity VM Mode.

Switch it to IP Office Mode and see if that solves the trouble.

Thanks Billxx. Yes it is an R9 in Intuity Mode.
Will doing this remotely keep the existing AA and mailbox greetings and settings? Of course the docs are woefully absent of any detail concerning this and it's been many years since I've taken an IP Office course.
It's a Drs. office and they have messages for on call and emergencies and would not go over well if this change defaulted the whole shebang.
My office system is an R7 and doesn't have the option for me to test it out.
Thanks.

I honestly cannot say what will happen.

Words like "try", "might" and "could" are used frequently when discussing Avaya testing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back