Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

system ID update required

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowman50

Technical User
Nov 17, 2007
GB
Sometimes when i make a simple change to an IP office configuration such as a User name and I save this back to the system.

The manager will sometimes Prompt me with
"This system requires an ID update to make this change"
"The system will require a Reboot"

sofware levels are 8.0,8.1 versions

Now i must admit it has only happened a few times on different systems but changing a user name doesn't normally require a reboot.

I was also showing the customer how to add the Directory Names , numbers and had the same issue.

So what would cause this.
As i said its only happened a few times and not a big issue but i am curious as to why i would get this Prompt

I see it every now and then. Just go with it and let it update it's ID's. It is a change it makes to the underlying DB you cannot see and causes you no harm. Say yes once to the system and it wont ask again unless there is some other version change in the future that also requires the same change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back