Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

System I 550 Guest Partition Console

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberspace

Technical User
Aug 19, 2005
GB
We are going to be beta testing a new telephony solution for System I and I am trying to access the guest parition console for the LPAR on which it is running.

However, when I telnet in on port 2301 and try to sign on as QSECOFR i get error:

Linux17: QSECOFR profile not valid for guest partition console.
Linux17: Invalid OS/400 service tools authentication.

I am then prompted to enter another ID.

How do I log into this LPAR in this way? I can't go any further with the install until I get around this problem!

thanks

'When all else fails.......read the manual'

Not familiar with Linux on System i, but have you considered logging as root instead of qsecofr

thanks for the suggestion - what is the default root password? i've tried blank password, "admin" and "password"

Like any other Linux installation, you should have been prompted for the root password, there is no default password (as far as I know).

thanks for the help, i checked the user IDs in the strsst menu, and found one that I didnt realise was there...now got it sorted.

thanks for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back