Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

System Hangs often

Status
Not open for further replies.

motto

Programmer
May 28, 2000
IN
Hi,<br><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;We are developing Financial package where we<br>use Oracle as Backend and VB5.0 as frontend as of<br>now.We have nearly 186 forms so far in a Project.<br>We are also using the Visual source safe for<br>security purpose of our project.Our system connected<br>to Network.so for the accessibility we go for the<br>Visual Source safe.<br><br>Now i will come to the problem.AS i told already<br>we are using 183 forms so far.Whenever we checkout<br>a form to do modification and try to run the application<br>Our system simply get hanged for no reason.<br>What could be reason for this kind of problem.<br><br>Can any technical person give me some clue for my problem.<br>I would be grateful.<br><br>I hope the problem is clear from my brief explaination.<br><br>Thanks in advance<br>Motto<br><br>

just curious,is your 183 form project, use a single form as the startup form , or does it use a sub OnMain() in a module for startup? <p>Karl<br><a href=mailto:kb244@kb244.8m.com>kb244@kb244.8m.com</a><br><a href= </a><br>Experienced in : C++(both VC++ and Borland),VB1(dos) thru VB6, Delphi 3 pro, HTML, Visual InterDev 6(ASP(WebProgramming/Vbscript)<br>

motto -<br><br>How is everyone's checkout directory set up in Visual Source Safe?&nbsp;&nbsp;Everyone should have their own directory (fastest if it is on your PC, and not accessed over the network).&nbsp;&nbsp;In other words, people should not share a checkout directory.<br><br>Chip H.<br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back