Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

System Hangs...?????? Help..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rushtosri

Programmer
Feb 25, 2001
US
Hello there,

Can any one help me??? I work on Turbo C++ usually. I enter Turbo C++ after i log on to Win. 2000. If i change to windows using alt+tab key shortcut, the screen becomes blank. I'll come to know from the numlock light on the keyboard that the system has hanged. I've to reboot it. Please tell how i can solve this problem. I'll be very much thankful to u.

Shri.

Instead of Alt-Tab try the Windows key+D. See if that helps. This key comdo just takes you back out to the desktop. Let me know if this helps

Could it possibly be because the win2k prompt isn't a true DOS command prompt? Something possibly different in the way NT/2k assigns memory to the command prompt from they way w9x does it?

Some things to consider. What is running besides C? What is running in the background that loads at startup? It's possible that something else running is conflicting with C. While you're programming, perhaps it's best to have as little else as possible open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back