Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

system for making comments similar to a chat page

Status
Not open for further replies.

andycape

Programmer
Aug 22, 2003
ZA
I need a system for storing information similar to a chat room style, but i havent the first idea where to start ??
I need a system so that if there is a link then you can post a comment under that link (i would also be able to upload a file - but thats a problem for later), and so on and so on (not the type of chat system where comments are all under one another).

anyone know how to do this? thanx.

example :

<first link>
<comment>
<comment>

<second link>
<comment>
<comment>
<comment>
<comment>
<comment>

Yeah, I use discus software. Really great and I don't have to write my own code.

Because you &quot;haven't the first idea where to start&quot;, I figure you are not tasked to write such an application, but facilitate some kind of discussion, in which case you'll need something that is a no-brainer to install. Discus has been good to me and has excellent instructions for installation and -- if you're using the basic version -- is free.

Cheers,

[monkey] Edward [monkey]

&quot;Cut a hole in the door. Hang a flap. Criminy, why didn't I think of this earlier?!&quot; -- inventor of the cat door

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back