Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

System Error - VC++ cannot compile it freezes

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcast01

Programmer
Sep 17, 2001
US
Hello everyone,

I have a quick question.. I am using MSVC++ and everytime I compile a program its giving me a system error telling me that a line in my system.ini file referring to a keyboard driver is incompatible with current windows version. Now I had this error yesterday and I re-installed VC++ and it went away. I since then have been able to use until today. If anyone has any ideas, that would help!![curse] I cannot use my compiler it is freezing up whenever I get this message.
CHAOS, PANIC, & DISORDER - my work here is done.

Here is the exact message: The keyboard driver specified by the KEYBOARD = line in the [386Enh] section of the SYSTEM.INI file is incompatible with the current version of Windows. To correct this problem, run the Windows setup again.

You know this sounds weird if you know what I mean But anybody who might have had this problem before and recognizes it or maybe someone who knows fix PLS let me know!

Here are my computer specs:
Dell 866 Mhz
256 Ram
Windows ME
Microsoft VC++ Pro edition

[bomb] CHAOS, PANIC, & DISORDER - my work here is done.

Can somebody possibly help me out with this problem, everytime this happens (which is intermittent) I have to restart my computer to get it to compile projects.

Any Ideas?! Anyone....[cry] CHAOS, PANIC, & DISORDER - my work here is done.

Hi

I would suggest first to move away from Windows ME, known to be full of bugs, to go to Win 2000 or XP, much more stable and widespread.
I'm working with C++ since its version 1.0 (about 6 or 7 differents versions) and never get such problems with Win95, Win2K and XP ...

Thierry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back