Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

'System Error. Coe 1410. Class Already Exists.' 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kes103

Programmer
Jun 28, 2003
US
I have been trying to compile and link w/o using packages.
Some programs I have used in the past work fine when I unlick the packages option and use dynamic link options. But lately, I try this and when I put more than one TEdit Box (for example) in the form I get the following messge:
Project Project1.exe raised exception class EOSError with message 'System Error. Coe 1410. Class Already Exists.' Process stopped. Use Step or Run to continue.
The debugger goes to the call to Run().
C++ Builder 6 Enterprise

What could the problem be. I can not seem to put my finger on it.

I'm guessing here but it must have to do with how you are putting the TEdit boxes in your program. The error indicates that you are trying to create a new class with a name that already exists. Try renaming the second edit box to something else.

James P. Cottingham
-----------------------------------------
[sup]I'm number 1,229!
I'm number 1,229![/sup]

Thanks, but they are already named differently... automatically... like Edit1, Edit2, etc.

Is that what you mean by naming them differently?

I think it has something to do with settings. It works until I try to statically link by unchecking the Use Packages box and the Use RTL box.

And when I save an old *.bpr over and to the new project name and copy and paste into it also seems to work. But, I don't know why.

I've heard of odd things happening with the project file but I've never experienced it. It would be interesting to to view the "old" file in the editor and then view the new one and see what the differences are.

James P. Cottingham
-----------------------------------------
[sup]I'm number 1,229!
I'm number 1,229![/sup]

OK, 2ffat, you can download the two (2) different project files here:

I did some searches and see that other people have experienced the problem, but no explainations or solutions were offered. I don't remember the happening before.

2ffat, were you able to download? If so, any revelations from reviewing the two different sets of files?

Sorry, I haven't had time. Maybe after a while when things settle down here.

James P. Cottingham
[sup]I'm number 1,229!
I'm number 1,229![/sup]

Well, I figured it out or remembered it on my own. The problem is in the include and library files directory in the project options. Needs to be set to find the vcl and object files. I think it is the default settings that work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back