Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SYSTEM DOESN'T POWER UP PROPERLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

murcielago

Technical User
Mar 12, 2003
CA
I really need some help here. Very wierd, but i bought this mobo from a friend, and everytime i try to power up my PC it first SHOWS the CDROM LIGHTS, but just the fan comes on, then i have to hold the POWER BUTTON until it turns off and press it again and it will usually work on the second time. It's really annoying, and wierd enough it's happend to a friend of mine's computer also. Could it be the connectors?? Or the powersupply? Please HELP!
Thnx

I have a friend who called me from MI with the same problem, he had to replace his power supply and everything worked well. It could also be your mobo too, so go with cheaper approach first, power supply. Actually he bought a new case. If the case you have was turned on oand off all the time I have seen the switch go bad. More or less its a power supply/mobo problem

Allright, i will try that tonight. And let ya know. Thnx for the input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back