Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

System.Data.OracleClient - Unabel to load oci.dll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beren1h

Technical User
Jul 19, 2001
US
I have Oracle 9i client install on web server.

I have also given the asp.net,IUSR, and IWAM accounts full permissions on the oracle/ora92/bin folders.

But when I try to use the oracle data provider in a asp.net page I get the "Unable to load oci.dll: error message.

I have used the this provider with a vb.net app without problem so I figured it was the permission issue, but it doesn't look like that's it.

Does anyone have any ideas?

The ASP.NET user account is pretty tightly locked down.

More than likely it needs some permissions granted to it in order for it to load unmanaged DLLs and make network calls.

Chip H.

If you want to get the best response to a question, please check out FAQ222-2244 first

That was my first thought too but I actually went as far as to make ASPNET part of the Administrators group with no luck.

Actually my co-worker rebooted the server yesterday evening and now everything seems fine...

I should have seen that one...

Thanks anyhow...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back