Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SYSTEM COMPUTER ACCOUNT QUESTION

Status
Not open for further replies.

jorecca

MIS
May 15, 2002
US
We have a Win2k server with sp2. The problem is every few days or so this happens. A user tries to logon to the domain and receive this error " System account is wrong or password is incorrect etc.,,". So the user has to logon as administrator go into network identification and disjoin his/her computer from the network, boot off and logon again as administrator and go into network indentificant and rejoin the network.

I think the problem has to do with our server that authentication our NETLOGON because when I check the DHCP leases we have dial-ups "little telephones" that are stuck in the IPlease section. Has anyone every had this problem before because I cannot figure out what is causing this problem. PLEASE HELP!!!.

Check to see if you have the REQUIRES NEW PASSWORD after a certain number of logins on the security section. This sounds like a possible problem. Have A Great Day!
Bill Meyer
Ginny's Gems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back