Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

System Becomes Unavailable Randomly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spanbridge

Programmer
May 3, 2002
US
For reasons I have yet to understand, my system becomes unavialable several times a day for no reason that I can figure out. When it happens, I go to the task manager to see what's running, and it shows that nothing is going on. I suspect that the system is doing some sort of housekeeping, and if that's it, I'd prefer to schedule that stuff for 3 in the morning when I'm usually not around. This is so annoying that I'm considering junking the operating system and trying something else. This is in a small business with a dinky peer to peer network which worked well when we had Windows98. As for the network, the each terminal is running windows98 with the exception of mine. The unavailablity is only on my machine and causes everything to stop no matter what application I'm running. I'd appreciate your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back