Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

System Backups 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhoneTechMan

Programmer
Jun 4, 2002
US
Can anyone shed some light on what kind of backup are done on the Meridian systems besides the nightly automatic ones? And how the process is performed. I'm speaking in terms of doing like quarterly backups. Any help is appreciated, and thanks in advance.

What are looking for that the nightly back up doesn't do? "if it don't ring, it ain't my thing"

I'm taking your reply to mean that the nightly backup encompasses everything that's needed, correct? What we're tasked to do is perform a quarterly backup and I believe store it off site.

One site I worked at would take set 1 of the disks and send it of site, the next week they would get it back and send disk set 2 off site. the next week they would get set 2 back and they send disk set 3 off site. then the next week they would start it all over again. This way they always had a set on site that was only 2 weeks old and one set off site that was 1 week old.

Sounds like a plan to me. Thanks for your help, enjoy the Super Bowl.

If you are using Option61C Rls25, you can take back up on any floppy and copy or take image of this diskett to your computer and send the data any where, far from the side, using your email server.

If you have Option11C you can directly download the data from pabx to your computer and do the same with this data as well.

Can you remotely backup an Option 11? Thanks for the great tip.

Can you give me the steps to perform a remote backup please? Greatly appreicated.

1)Connect to the system via your modem.
2)Goto LD 143
3)At command prompt . type xbk and press enter.
4)If you are using Hyper Terminal click on Transfer and select Receive File.
5) Select the path of file where you want to save it.
6) Set the protocol to XModem.
7) Press Strat.

That's it.

Thanks a lot! It worked like a charm! I really appreciate your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back