Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

System Attendant error encountered installing Exch 5.5 on W2k Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saya99

MIS
Aug 6, 2002
CA
Hi, During Exchange 5.5 install on W2K SP4 server an error message comes up at the end of the installation. It reads as " Attempting to start Microsoft Exchange System Attendant error encountered.
The service can not be started, either because it is disabled or has no enabled devices associated with it."
Microsoft Windows NT.
ID No: 0xc0020422

Now upon clicking OK other error messages come up failing to start services. Then, "Microsoft Exchange server setup was interrupted before your new software was fully installed."

System attendant service shows as stopped and does not start manually either.

Before giving system attendatn error, setup goes through org\site names prompts and copies files and then all of sudden the above mentioned error.

I tried removing exchange, clearing registry enteries before reinstalling again but invain. After the error, Exchange is not listed under add/remove programs, so I have to manually delete its directory and reg entries before retrying.

Anyone having solution, Please let me know as soon as possible. Appreciate your help.

I recently also tried to install exchange 5.5 on a w2k sp4 box.. no success either...

reinstalled the w2k box with sp3 and exchange installed with no probs at all......

Petje
A+, MCP, MCSE on NT4.0 and windows 2000 with messaging specialty and CCEA

Thanks alot. I was able to install with SP3 on W2k.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back